Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Como?... No Entiendo

This week my colegio (school) has vacation and no one seems to know why. Yesterday Karina and I went to school to practice la marca (the march) which is sort of like a flag ceremony. Then we went to Frida's house where we sat around talking until 9 when we went back to Karina's house then at 11 went to dinner then to see a movie called "la crueda verdad" in english: the ugly truth with Karina's mom and brother, Juan Carlos. We got home at 2, on a school night - I love Peru!

Today I went with Karina's friend Andrea to medical school today. In Peru medical school starts after high school and lasts 7 years, Andrea and Karina are both applying this year. I am having problems forming complete sentences in english but there are a few more thoughts:

thigs I take for granted in the US:
- buses that stop for you to get on and off
- warm showers
- not fearing for your life in traffic
- toilet seats

Things we really should have in the US:
- SIESTA!
- Inca Cola
- migros (the little buses here- they're a lot like mini-vans)
- big lunches and small dinners eaten at 9 or so

2 comments:

  1. jajajaja fui a mirar la crueda verdad con mis tios y mi prima... ay. no la les gustaban mucho...
    pero la me gusta, un poco... no digas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dinnder at 2am? Now I know why Manny thought he was compromising on a dinner time when we would meet at 8pm. How are you getting along with Peruvian meals? What is Peruvian food?

    ReplyDelete