Sunday, October 11, 2009

estoy en peru!

good news,
after a day of United related mishaps,
I am finally in Peru.

I sat between these two Japanese Ladies on the plane who were adorable!
The two of them managed to put more different products on and off their faces without messing up their make-up than I thought was humanly possible.
the conversation went something like this:
- where are you from
- Tokeyo, and Hokkaido
- You?
- Seattle
- Oh! San Diego
- no seattle
- San Diego?
- do you know Ichiro?
- Oh! Mariners, you are from Seattle!

I went to dinner with my host family at 1:30 their time (I love this place!) and tried my first Inca Cola (it tastes a lot like bad cream soda and is highlighter yellow).


Highlight of the Day: being mistaken for Peruvian by a Peruvian and being able to have a decient length conversation in Spanish before he realized that I'm not from Peru

No comments:

Post a Comment