Tuesday, November 24, 2009

It's Begun to Seem Normal

Today as I jumped off a combi and dodged traffic on my way home I smiled to myself, thinking of cross walks and stop signs in Seattle. I realized that, I have gotten to the point in my life in Lima that the things I used to be suprised by seem normal.

So I have decided to make a list of things that used to seem strange:

- "making" milk by pouring milk from a can and water from a bottle
- crossing the street sucessfully being a combination of luck, timing and running
- delicious fresh bread
- kids doing kart-wheels on in the street during red lights to earn some money
- people throwing things and generally not paying attention in class
- deciding what to wear depending on the district of Lima I will be in that day
- picking bones and fat from my meat
- One Sol($0.30) Snacks
- Inca Kola tasting almost good
- Ripe Mangos
- The fact that is still hasn't rained
- Afternoon Naps
- Dinner at 10pm

No comments:

Post a Comment